Since we wrote this post we didn't laze around. Check our latest announcement.
The Arquillian team is proud to announce the 2.1.0 release of the ShrinkWrap Resolver component!
The ShrinkWrap Resolver 2.1.0 release brings you support for Maven 3.1.0, additional features and improvements to the configuration API.
Significant additions in ShrinkWrap Resolver 2.1.0
- Support for Maven 3.1.0 and newer
This release was updated to use Eclipse Aether, which makes it compatible with Maven 3.1.0 and newer. ShrinkWrap Resolver Maven Plugin now requires you to run it with a recent Maven version, other components are compatible with previous Maven version as well. I’d like to thank Tomaž Cerar and Michał Matłoka for making this update possible.
- API for defining Maven repositories
ShrinkWrap Resolver now allows you to specify Maven repositories directly in code. These repositories always have priority. For instance, if there is a repository with the same id defined anywhere in setting.xml or pom.xml, this definition will override it. Kudos for this feature goes to Marc-Antoine Gouillart!
Maven.configureResolver() .withRemoteRepo("my-repository-id", "url://to/my/repository", "layout") .resolve("G:A:V").withTransitivity().asFile();
Maven.configureResolver() .withRemoteRepo( MavenRemoteRepositories.createRemoteRepository( "my-repository-id", "url://to/my/repository", "layout")) .resolve("G:A:V").withTransitivity().asFile();
- Configuration API updates
In the past, methods that modified resolution sources, such as
withMavenCentralRepo(boolean)were enabled too late in the resolution chain, namely if you loaded a pom.xml file before, it was always loaded using default settings. To make setup clearer, configuration related methods were moved to
Maven.configureResolver()API instead. The biggest advantage of this API is that it influences all resolution calls, including the ones needed for construction of pom.xml model.
Maven.configureResolver() .workOffline() .withCentralRepo(false) .withClasspathResolution(true) .loadPomFromFile("/path/to/pom.xml") .resolve("G:A").withTransitivity().asFile();
While previous methods are still working, they are marked as deprecated. Please update your tests.
We hope that you’ll enjoy our new stuff and look forward to hear your feedback in the community forums.
What is ShrinkWrap Resolver?
The ShrinkWrap Resolvers project provides a Java API to obtain artifacts from a repository system. This is handy to include third party libraries available in any Maven repository in your test archive. ShrinkWrap Resolvers additionally allow you to reuse all the configuration you've already specified in the Maven build file, making packaging of an application archive much easier job.
|Version||2.1.0 view tag|
|Released by||Karel Piwko|
Published artifacts org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-bom pom
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-api jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-api-maven jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-depchain pom
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-impl-maven jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-api-maven-archive jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-spi-maven jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-spi-maven-archive jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-impl-maven-archive jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-spi jar javadoc pom
Release notes and resolved issues 12
Updating Aether to suport Maven 3.1.0 and newer
- Component Upgrade
- Feature Request
- SHRINKRES-164 - Support encoding property from Maven compiler plugin