Since we wrote this post we didn't laze around. Check our latest announcement.
The Arquillian team is proud to announce the 1.2.0.Beta1 release of the Arquillian Drone Extension component!
This release brings you better Firefox support and configurable browser instantiation timeout.
What’s new in Drone 1.2.0.Beta1?
- Browser capabilities shorthand
browserCapabilitiesproperty was made the default way to set the type of WebDriver you wanted, people have been asking for a simpler name. Now you can just use the
browserproperty instead. While the original property is marked deprecated, we won’t be removing it in the 1.x series.arquillian.xml
<!— since now, you can simply write “browser” —>
- Global Drone configuration in arquillian.xml
Since 1.2.0.Alpha3, Selenium and WebDriver instances are retrieved using a time limit, avoiding your tests to get stuck. This limit is now 60 seconds by default and can be modified in arquillian.xml file globally for all supported Drones. Also, the limit is disabled if you set
<!— set this to zero if you want to disable timeout —>
- Firefox goodies
WebDriver configuration now accepts two new configuration properties,
firefoxUserPreferences. While the first one is not really new, it allows you to set a path to the Firefox profile template, the latter makes it possible to modify prefs.js for the created Firefox profile.arquillian.xml
- Updated to WebDriver 2.35.0
Arquillian Drone uses Selenium 2.35.0 by default. Due to recent WebDriver API changes(>=2.34.0), we do not recommend the use of the selenium-bom in
<dependencyManagement>to downgrade to a older Selenium version. For the very same reason, we recommend you to update Arquillian Graphene to 2.0.0.Alpha5 that is compatible with latest Selenium. Also note that Selenium 2.35.0 deprecated the
IPhoneDriver, so Drone did the same.
Drone is based on top of Arquillian Core 1.1.0.Final. Please update your
<dependencyManagement> sections if you’re using Arquillian BOM (artifactId:
arquillian-bom) together with Arquillian Drone BOM.
I’d like to thank everybody involved in this release. You guys make testing a breeze!
We hope that you’ll enjoy the improvements and look forward to hear your feedback in the community forums.
What is Arquillian?
Arquillian is open source software that empowers you to test JVM-based applications more effectively. Created to defend the software galaxy from bugs, Arquillian brings your test to the runtime so you can focus on testing your application's behavior rather than managing the runtime. Using Arquillian, you can develop a comprehensive suite of tests from the convenience of your IDE and run them in any IDE, build tool or continuous integration environment.
|Component||Arquillian Drone Extension|
|Version||1.2.0.Beta1 view tag|
|Released by||Karel Piwko|
Published artifacts org.jboss.arquillian.extension
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-bom pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-selenium-depchain pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-webdriver-depchain pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-api jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-spi jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-configuration jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-impl jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-selenium-server jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-selenium jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-webdriver jar javadoc pom
Release notes and resolved issues 8
Stabilization of new SPI model
- Component Upgrade
- ARQ-1459 - Update Drone to use Selenium 2.35.0
- ARQ-1209 - Abbreviate WebDriver configuration property browserCapabilities as browser
- Feature Request
- ARQ-432 - Allow tests to intercept initializeBrowser()
- ARQ-1245 - Allow FirefoxDriver to pass profile as file
- ARQ-1315 - Make possible to configure firefox preferences via arquillian.xml
- ARQ-1460 - Allow Drone instance creation timeout to be configurable
- ARQ-1462 - Increase Instance creation timeout
- ARQ-1461 - Mark IPhoneDriver as deprecated
Thanks to the following list of contributors: Karel Piwko