Since we wrote this post we didn't laze around. Check our latest announcement.
The Arquillian team is proud to announce the 1.2.0.Alpha2 release of the Arquillian Drone Extension component!
We’ve please to announce Drone 1.2.0.Alpha2. This release brings you PhantomJS support and an easier model for future extensions.
Significant changes since 1.2.0.Alpha1
- Support for PhantomJS
PhantomJS allow you to run headless tests on a real browser. And Drone supports it out of the box.arquillian.xml
- Automatic Augmentation
RemoteWebDriver instances are now automatically augmented.
- Discarding cookies for reusable browsers
You can now use reusable browser while ensuring cooking from previous test runs do not affect current test run. The default behavior is to delete the cookies. If you want to preserve previous behavior, you can use the
This release breaks implementation compatibility with previous Drone releases. You should not be affected by this unless you use Drone combined with other projects that depend on more then just SPI, such as Graphene 2. We are releasing new compatible versions of these projects; such as Graphene 2.0.0.Alpha4.
These changes were done in order to make Drone more reusable by third party projects to avoid similar problems in future.
I’d like to thank everybody involved in this release. You guys make testing a breeze!
We hope that you’ll enjoy the improvements and look forward to hear your feedback in the community forums.
What is Arquillian?
Arquillian is open source software that empowers you to test JVM-based applications more effectively. Created to defend the software galaxy from bugs, Arquillian brings your test to the runtime so you can focus on testing your application's behavior rather than managing the runtime. Using Arquillian, you can develop a comprehensive suite of tests from the convenience of your IDE and run them in any IDE, build tool or continuous integration environment.
|Component||Arquillian Drone Extension|
|Version||1.2.0.Alpha2 view tag|
|Released by||Lukas Fryc|
Published artifacts org.jboss.arquillian.extension
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-bom pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-selenium-depchain pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-webdriver-depchain pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-api jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-spi jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-configuration jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-impl jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-selenium-server jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-selenium jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-webdriver jar javadoc pom
Release notes and resolved issues 11
PhantomJS; Automatic Augmentation; Discarding cookies for reusable browsers
- Component Upgrade
- Feature Request
- ARQ-1177 - Allow browser capabilities to be extensible
- ARQ-1206 - Add configuration option to delete all cookies on reusable browser instance
- ARQ-1307 - Support for GhostDriver / PhantomJS
- ARQ-1351 - Drone: augment RemoteWebDriver instances automatically
- ARQ-1363 - Drone SPI - provide service type for enhancing a instances instantiated by Drone
- ARQ-1364 - Drone SPI - add DroneReady event fired when either class or method-level instance is created