Since we wrote this post we didn't laze around. Check our latest announcement.
The Arquillian team is proud to announce the 3.0.0-alpha-1 release of the ShrinkWrap Resolver component!
This is the very first release of ShrinkWrap Resolver 3.0.0 release chain. During the next releases we are aiming to provide you a new API for
MavenImporter, a possibility to resolve only the build metadata and much more!
This release doesn’t provide any new features, it’s mainly about important component updates and significant refactoring changes:
Removed deprecated code from ShrinkWrap Resolver
This is the only change that significantly influences the implementation logic. ShrinkWrap Resolver has experienced rapid development and many changes on the field of API during last several releases. We decided to deprecate several features which we don’t see important anymore (or we simply found better ways to do it). So we removed all the
@Deprecated classes and methods from previous releases.
Maven 3.3.9 & JDK 1.7
We upgraded several components in this release, but the most important one is the upgrade of Maven to 3.3.9. Starting from Maven 3.3 you have to use at least JDK 1.7, which means that ShrinkWrap Resolver 3.0.0 won’t run on any previous version of Java.
Apart from the huge cleanup across all
pom.xml files and removal of deprecated classes/methods, project structure has undergone small structure change too. Gradle and Maven modules have been moved to dedicated directories. This technically doesn’t influence the end user by any mean, because both the
groupId and the
artifactId stayed same.
We hope that you’ll enjoy our new stuff and we are looking forward to your feedback.
What is ShrinkWrap Resolver?
The ShrinkWrap Resolvers project provides a Java API to obtain artifacts from a repository system. This is handy to include third party libraries available in any Maven repository in your test archive. ShrinkWrap Resolvers additionally allow you to reuse all the configuration you've already specified in the Maven build file, making packaging of an application archive much easier job.
|Version||3.0.0-alpha-1 view tag|
|Released by||Matous Jobanek|
Published artifacts org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-bom pom
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-api jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-spi jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-depchain pom
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-api-maven jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-impl-maven jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-api-maven-archive jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-spi-maven jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-spi-maven-archive jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-impl-maven-archive jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-api-gradle-embedded-archive jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-gradle-depchain pom
- org.jboss.shrinkwrap.resolver » shrinkwrap-resolver-impl-gradle-embedded-archive jar javadoc pom
Release notes and resolved issues 9
- Component Upgrade