Since we wrote this post we didn't laze around. Check our latest announcement.
The Arquillian team is proud to announce the 2.0.0.CR1 release of the Arquillian Drone Extension component!
In this release, there has been added support for two cloud-based browser/mobile automated testing solutions:
Both implementations have been added as additional Arquillian Drone extensions. They are not included in the arquillian-drone-webdriver-depchain, so you need to explicitly specify the dependencies (but their versions are managed by Arquillian Drone Bom):
<dependency> <groupId>org.jboss.arquillian.extension</groupId> <artifactId>arquillian-drone-browserstack-extension</artifactId> <version>2.0.0.CR1</version> </dependency>
For Sauce Labs
<dependency> <groupId>org.jboss.arquillian.extension</groupId> <artifactId>arquillian-drone-saucelabs-webdriver</artifactId> <version>2.0.0.CR1</version> </dependency>
Both extensions behave as a standard WebDriver, so you can easily integrate them into your existing test suites. You just have to specify some necessary parameters there in your arquillian descriptor such as username, access.key and the combination of the testing platform and browser.
Both extensions supports also local testing and running appropriate binary when needed and required.
For more information see the BrowserStack README and SauceLabs README
What is Arquillian?
Arquillian is open source software that empowers you to test JVM-based applications more effectively. Created to defend the software galaxy from bugs, Arquillian brings your test to the runtime so you can focus on testing your application's behavior rather than managing the runtime. Using Arquillian, you can develop a comprehensive suite of tests from the convenience of your IDE and run them in any IDE, build tool or continuous integration environment.
|Component||Arquillian Drone Extension|
|Version||2.0.0.CR1 view tag|
|Released by||Matous Jobanek|
Published artifacts org.jboss.arquillian.extension
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-bom pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-webdriver-depchain pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-api jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-spi jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-configuration jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-impl jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-selenium-server jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-webdriver jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-saucelabs-extension jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-browserstack-extension jar javadoc pom
Release notes and resolved issues 3
- Component Upgrade
- ARQ-2024 - Update Selenium & phantom-driver & additional components to the latest versions
- Feature Request
- ARQ-2025 - Create BrowserStack extension
- ARQ-1694 - Update Saucelabs extension
Thanks to the following list of contributors: Matous Jobanek