Since we wrote this post we didn't laze around. Check our latest announcement.
The Arquillian team is proud to announce the 2.0.0.Alpha1 release of the Arquillian Drone Extension component!
New ways to use Drone
Drone 2.0.0.Alpha1 is the first release of the Drone overhaul. We are aiming to provide you better support for:
- extending Drone with new browser life cycles, such as one browser per test suite
- smoother and easier integration with existing and future extensions
- support for Drones bounded to deployments
- and much more
Removing legacy and obsolete code from Drone
Since the Drone project started more than 3 years ago, some of the configuration options has changed and some of the features are now available as part of Arquillian Core.
The following code will be removed from Drone 2.x during the Alpha releases:
- removing support for system properties (now directly available from Arquillian Core)
- using capability based configuration (removing deprecated properties)
- removing support for Selenium 1 and Graphene 1 (following Selenium project)
- changing Drone events to support command pattern and to rely on Drone context
What Drone version should I use?
If you want a stable version, go with 1.3.0.Final. If you need to run tests on mobile devices, keep using 1.2.4.Final. We’ll be releasing Droidium based on the Drone 2.x stream soon to close the gap. However, if you like living on the edge, try Drone 2.0.0.Alpha1 and let us know how it works for you.
I’d like to thank Tadeáš Kříž. He’s our hero for this release, as he implemented most of the overhaul!
We hope that you’ll enjoy our new stuff and look forward to hear your feedback in the community forums.
What is Arquillian?
Arquillian is open source software that empowers you to test JVM-based applications more effectively. Created to defend the software galaxy from bugs, Arquillian brings your test to the runtime so you can focus on testing your application's behavior rather than managing the runtime. Using Arquillian, you can develop a comprehensive suite of tests from the convenience of your IDE and run them in any IDE, build tool or continuous integration environment.
|Component||Arquillian Drone Extension|
|Version||2.0.0.Alpha1 view tag|
|Released by||Karel Piwko|
Published artifacts org.jboss.arquillian.extension
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-bom pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-webdriver-depchain pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-api jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-spi jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-configuration jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-impl jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-selenium-server jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-webdriver jar javadoc pom
Release notes and resolved issues 5
Introducing more flexible scopes
- ARQ-1707 - Provide better timeout exception message