Since we wrote this post we didn't laze around. Check our latest announcement.
The Arquillian team is proud to announce the 1.0.0.Beta2 release of the Arquillian TestRunner Spock component!
“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Arquillian Spock Testrunner is back with the new version and bring important improvements in the area of specification execution. Yet again Karel Piwko evolves the Spock integration towards a Final release. He is the keeper of the state and you can rest assure he won’t let the two universes collide!
- Annotation driven activation is now obsolote
@ArquillianSpecificationrevealed itself to be more problematic than valuable (see JIRA issues below for details). Therefore we made a breaking change and got rid of it in favour for a custom test runner integrating both Spock and the Arquillian lifecycles. From now on you should simply decorate your specification with
Both Spock and Arquillian let you test your code with pleasure, so wait no more and give it a spin!
What is Arquillian?
Arquillian is open source software that empowers you to test JVM-based applications more effectively. Created to defend the software galaxy from bugs, Arquillian brings your test to the runtime so you can focus on testing your application's behavior rather than managing the runtime. Using Arquillian, you can develop a comprehensive suite of tests from the convenience of your IDE and run them in any IDE, build tool or continuous integration environment.
|Component||Arquillian TestRunner Spock|
|Version||1.0.0.Beta2 view tag|
|Released by||Karel Piwko|
Published artifacts org.jboss.arquillian.spock
- org.jboss.arquillian.spock » arquillian-spock-core jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.spock » arquillian-spock-standalone jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.spock » arquillian-spock-container jar javadoc pom
Release notes and resolved issues 5
- ARQ-1427 - Arquillian Spock test fails with NPE when a subclass of spock.lang.Specification is used
- ARQ-1429 - Spock Appender is missing org.objectweb.asm package
- ARQ-1445 - Spock extension emits After/Before suite before/after each specification execution
- ARQ-1480 - After/Before methods are always fired on both container/in client
- ARQ-1481 - Remove redundancy of both ArquillianSputnik and ArquillianSpecification