Since we wrote this post we didn't laze around. Check our latest announcement.
The Arquillian team is proud to announce the 1.0.0.Beta1 release of the Arquillian TestRunner Spock component!
“That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.”
When you look at list of changes in this release it might not appear as the biggest release in the history of Arquillian Universe, but it’s definitely important one for Spock and Arquillian fans. Big kudos this time go to Karel Piwko and Fabian Schwarzer. Karel gave us a choice between Groovy 1.8 and 2.x and Fabian spotted shortcomings of previous integration approach implemented as global Spock extension. By having those two improvements in place we are getting very close to the final stable release!
- Annotation driven activation
- In order to let Arquillian sneak in to the Spock dimension you’ll need to annotate your
- Groovy 1.8 and 2.0
- We also updated the Spock and Groovy versions. We guarantee that the following combinations won’t let you down:
* For Groovy 2.x, use spock 0.7-groovy-2.0 or later and Groovy 2.1.4 or later
* For Groovy 1.x, use spock 0.7-groovy-1.8 or later and Groovy 1.8.9 or later
You can always take a look at our examples where we show how to use both versions with Maven.
Both Spock and Arquillian let you test your code with pleasure so wait no more and give it a spin!
What is Arquillian?
Arquillian is open source software that empowers you to test JVM-based applications more effectively. Created to defend the software galaxy from bugs, Arquillian brings your test to the runtime so you can focus on testing your application's behavior rather than managing the runtime. Using Arquillian, you can develop a comprehensive suite of tests from the convenience of your IDE and run them in any IDE, build tool or continuous integration environment.
|Component||Arquillian TestRunner Spock|
|Version||1.0.0.Beta1 view tag|
|Released by||Aslak Knutsen|
Published artifacts org.jboss.arquillian.spock
- org.jboss.arquillian.spock » arquillian-spock-core jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.spock » arquillian-spock-standalone jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.spock » arquillian-spock-container jar javadoc pom
Release notes and resolved issues 4
Annotation Driven Spock extension + Support for Spock 0.7 and Groovy 2.0
- Feature Request