Since we wrote this post we didn't laze around. Check our latest announcement.
The Arquillian team is proud to announce the 1.0.0.Beta1 release of the Arquillian Portal Extension component!
- Shrinkwrap Archive type for portlets
We now have
PortletArchivefor creating Shrinkwrap archives for portlets. (read more)
- Helpers for creating portlet.xml
PortletArchivethere are some simple helpers for creating the contents of portlet.xml. (read more)
Shrinkwrap Archive type for portlets
We can now use
PortletArchive instead of
WebArchive when we’re creating micro deployments for testing a portlet. In it includes methods for setting the content of portlet.xml without needing to specify the path, in a similar manner that
WebArchive provides setWebXML() methods.
Helpers for creating portlet.xml
PortletArchive also adds some nice helpers for creating
GenericFacesPortlet portlet definitions within portlet.xml. A
GenericPortlet can be added to portlet.xml by:
And adding a portlet for JSF is:
Shrinkwrap.create(PortletArchive.class) .createFacesPortlet("portletName", "Portlet Title", "index.xhtml");
For examples on how to use these extensions with their respective portal containers, you can take a look at the testsuite of Portlet Bridge.
We look forward to hearing your feedback about this release in the community forums!
What is Arquillian?
Arquillian is open source software that empowers you to test JVM-based applications more effectively. Created to defend the software galaxy from bugs, Arquillian brings your test to the runtime so you can focus on testing your application's behavior rather than managing the runtime. Using Arquillian, you can develop a comprehensive suite of tests from the convenience of your IDE and run them in any IDE, build tool or continuous integration environment.
|Component||Arquillian Portal Extension|
|Version||1.0.0.Beta1 view tag|
|Released by||Ken Finnigan|
Published artifacts org.jboss.arquillian.extension
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-portal-api jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-portal-spi jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-portal-impl jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-portal jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-portal-shrinkwrap-api jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-portal-shrinkwrap-impl jar javadoc pom
Release notes and resolved issues 2
- Feature Request
- ARQ-1279 - Create PortletArchive as Shrinkwrap archive type for portlets
Thanks to the following list of contributors: Ken Finnigan