The Arquillian team is proud to announce the 1.1.0.CR3 release of the Arquillian Drone Extension component!
After some thought we realized that the current options for configuration (and implementation for that matter) were too complicated. While
browserCapabilities allowed you to ignore the implementing class of WebDriver, you were still required to remember how to set up various capabilities.
We dropped the capability configuration support as you know it from CR1 and CR2 and replaced it with something much easier to use. You can now set up the capabilities directly as they come from WebDriver.
Some of the highlights in this release
Direct capability mapping. Think of any WebDriver capability, such as
acceptSSLCerts, you can now specify them directly in
<extension qualifier="webdriver"> <property name="browserCapabilities">firefox</property> <property name="opera.no_restart">true</property> <property name="acceptSSLCerts">false</property> </extension>
Deprecated Arquillian Drone system properties configuration in favor of the system properties configuration provided by Arquillian Core. The old style of system properties still work, but using them will produce warnings in the log and will be removed completely in a later version.
In the previous
browserCapabilities would map to
arquillian.webdriver.browser.capabilities. The correct way to override this property is now
arq.extension.webdriver.browserCapabilities. With the new properties handling you can also provide the properties in a file by spcifying the file name in the
arquillian.properties system property.
The same apply to the qualifiers support. Given the following
arquillian.xml snippet you would now use
arq.extension.webdriver-myqualifier.browserCapabilities instead of the legacy
<extension qualifier="webdriver-myqualifier"> <property name="browserCapabilities">chrome</property> </extension>
We hope that this will make Arquillian Drone easier to use, especially for people who have already tried to use
We look forward to hearing your feedback about this release in the community forums!
What is Arquillian?
Arquillian is open source software that empowers you to test JVM-based applications more effectively. Created to defend the software galaxy from bugs, Arquillian brings your test to the runtime so you can focus on testing your application's behavior rather than managing the runtime. Using Arquillian, you can develop a comprehensive suite of tests from the convenience of your IDE and run them in any IDE, build tool or continuous integration environment.
|Component||Arquillian Drone Extension|
|Version||1.1.0.CR3 view tag|
|Released by||Aslak Knutsen|
Published artifacts org.jboss.arquillian.extension
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-bom pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-selenium-depchain pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-webdriver-depchain pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-api jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-spi jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-configuration jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-impl jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-selenium-server jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-selenium jar javadoc pom
- org.jboss.arquillian.extension » arquillian-drone-webdriver jar javadoc pom
Release notes and resolved issues 7
- ARQ-1047 - RemoteAddress nor Remote property does not trigger remote webdriver
- ARQ-1064 - Can't set WebDriver capability with name containing '_'
- ARQ-1075 - Problem with Drone when configuring WebDriver via Capabilities interface
- ARQ-1090 - Remove chromeSwitches from tests
- ARQ-1091 - Make capability setting in Drone easier
- Component Upgrade
- ARQ-1088 - Upgrade and align AS7 versions in Drone tests